Teradata QueryGrid lets your business work with a seamless data fabric across all of your data and analytical engines for no-hassle analytics. Users get the most value out of all your data by taking advantage of specialized processing engines operating as a cohesive analytic environment.
By transparently harnessing the combined power of multiple analytic engines to address a business question, Teradata QueryGrid delivers the most comprehensive analytic solution to businesses.
Of that lot, QueryGrid is most likely to be the most interesting to Teradata customers. Scott Gnau, president of Teradata Labs, said QueryGrid is part of what the company sees as the next generation data architecture that melds traditional data warehousing and transactional analytics with big data and Hadoop clusters.
"We want to take analytics and then extend it to things like Web log data with queries in one workflow," said Gnau. One typical use case would be to use QueryGrid to surface how customers with the highest lifetime value interact with a company's Web site.
Gnau added that customers ultimately don't care where data is stored and processed, but want the insights from it all. The promise of QueryGrid is that it can utilize the SQL database skills in many enterprises and use existing investments to surface data without moving it around.
Teradata database now able to connect Hadoop with this QueryGrid so it’s called as Teradata Database-to-Hadoop also referred as Teradata-to-Hadoop connector.
- It provides a SQL interface for transferring data between Teradata Database and remote Hadoop hosts.
- Import Hadoop data into a temporary or permanent Teradata table.
- Export data from temporary or permanent Teradata tables into existing Hadoop tables.
- Create or drop tables in Hadoop from Teradata Database.
- Reference tables on the remote hosts in SELECT and INSERT statements.
- Select Hadoop data for use with a business tool.
- Select and join Hadoop data with data from independent data warehouses for analytical use.
The goal and vision of Teradata® QueryGrid™ is to make specialized processing engines, including those in the Teradata Unified Data Architecture™ act as one solution from the user’s perspective. Teradata QueryGrid is the core enabling software, engineered to tightly link with these processing engines to provide intelligent, transparent and seamless access to data and processing. This family of intelligent connectors deliver bi-directional data movement and push-down processing to enable the Teradata Database or the Teradata Aster Database systems to work as a powerful orchestration layer and interact with other systems by:
- Retrieving data from a remote system
- Requesting processing of data on a remote system, followed by retrieval
- Sending data to a remote system for processing, followed by retrieval
QueryGrid Use cases as shared by Teradata Corp : click here
Reference Article : http://www.teradatamagazine.com/v14n02/Tech2Tech/Harmonious-Orchestration/